If any one is looking for drivers for Speedstream 4200/41000 my suggestion dont use the USB option for the Speedstream Modem, get the Ethernet cable and use it with the Network Card.
How to set It UP:
- Check if the Sync is present , Since it’s an ethernet modem, no need to install the modem to get the modem in sync . If the ckt is not in sync than t/s for sync issues
- If ckt is in sync, make sure modem is connected to computer with ethernet cable.
- Check if you are getting default gateway,192.168.254.254
- If default gateway is present, put the default gateway in browser as you would do for any other router.
You should automatically get this screen, where you would need to enter u/n and pwd. If this screen doesn’t appear automatically click on PPP on the left hand side menu to get this screen. After entering username and password. Just click on save settings.
Once clicked on save settings on previous screen you need to enter the modem username and password again on this screen. Enter username and password as admin. Click on ok.
Once you get this screen it means the modem settings are saved, Just click on disconnect and reconnect to reboot the modem.
You can check if modem is connected to internet, by clicking on System summary (left hand side menu option below status and statistics). If you are getting IP address it means modem is connected to internet. Customer should be able to browse.
If you are not getting IP Address assigned than just check in WAN interface if any other configuration is set. If there is any other configuration is set than delete that configuration. There should be only one configuration set and that should be VC 0/38 (for UK may vary from country to country), and type should be PPPoA. These settings are picked automatically.
SOME Troubleshooting Steps
- Since we don’t get any error messages, woosh and test logons play an important part in t/s.
- In case of def gateway not coming, ensure that LAN is enabled. If getting a def gateway of 169.254.X.X disable and enable LAN.
- In some cases we find corrupt output for ipconfig, perform “iponfig /release” and “ipconfig /renew” which should help. Also try doing a factory reset of the router.
- Cases where a def gateway is different or blank then check if an IP address is not forced in TCP/IP properties and also ensure proxy is not set in Internet options>LAN settings.